Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dinner for One: Baked Eggs and Brussels Sprouts


I have been cooking for two for so long I forgot what it was like to fend for myself.  But I do have many single friends and most cook for themselves.  There is a popular opinion that when you are one person it is easier and just as cheap to get take out and I am still trying my hardest to prove that wrong.  Picture this: it is a Wednesday.  I come home from a long day at the office.  I have two hours before having to run out again.  I am even trying to get in a shower.  Yet, I am the food snob that I am and I want my dinner to be delicious spectacular.  If you find yourself in the same predicament one night, try the recipe below. 

Baked Eggs and Brussels Sprouts
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 brussels sprouts shredded
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • Parmesan cheese to taste
  • drizzle of balsamic cream
  • sea salt
  • pepper
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Toss brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic cream in a single serving, oven proof ramekin.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Crack the two eggs over the top.  Sprinkle with more Parmesan, salt and pepper.  Bake for 20 minutes.  

Go have a shower.  Do your thing.  It will be done by the time you get out.  



3 comments:

  1. you do have a way with both food and words!

    neat dinner...hope you fine and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Did you change your blog name?

    ReplyDelete